Re: Companies with bigger technical assistance needs

Hello Cindy,

I hope this message finds you well.

Burt Hamner recently sent the following reference. I haven't used the
tool, but I looked it over and it looks like an excellent tool to help
Co's through this process.

>From Burt:
Our friends in New Zealand at "Business Care", a non profit, have
produced a nice little sustainable business assessment tool for free
download.

Info is
http://www.businesscare.org.nz/gettingstarted/satool/overview.htm

they sort of hide the download, it's here.
http://www.businesscare.org.nz/gettingstarted/satool/download.htm

Burton Hamner
Cleaner Production International LLC
www.cleanerproduction.com
206-491-0945,  wbhamner@cleanerproduction.com
5534 30th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Fax (215) 565-4558

Best...

Leif Magnuson
Residential Green Building Coordinator
U.S. EPA Region IX, WST-7
75 Hawthorne St.
San Francisco, CA  94105
(415) 972-3286 Tel
(415) 947-3530 Fax
magnuson.leif@epa.gov
www.epa.gov/region09/p2

             Cindy McComas
             <mccom003@umn.ed
             u>                                                      To
             Sent by:                 p2tech <p2tech@great-lakes.net>
             owner-p2tech@gre                                        cc
             at-lakes.net
                                                                Subject
                                      Companies with bigger technical
             03/12/2008 06:49         assistance needs
             AM

              Please respond
              Cindy McComas
             <mccom003@umn.ed
                    u>

We are receiving calls from companies wanting us to provide technical
assistance to help them become green, document GHG reduction potential,
and/or reduce their carbon footprint.  Many are joining the Climate
Registry or Climate Exchange and as a result have goals they have to
meet.

As you know, going green is much bigger than P2 and can involve
addressing any number of areas including EPP, green building, energy
efficiency, renewable energy options, etc.  Of course, we want to make
sure P2 and E2 is part of this process, but do not feel we have the
tools or expertise to deliver it all without partners or tools.

Has anyone else developed a tool or methodology or decision tree for
providing this type of assistance that companies are asking for?

--
Cindy McComas
Director

Minnesota Technical Assistance Program
University of Minnesota
612.624.4678, 800.247.0015
http://www.mntap.umn.edu

Helping Minnesota businesses maximize resource efficiency, increase
energy efficiency, reduce costs, and prevent pollution

Join the National Pollution Prevention Roundtable at www.p2.org!

A map of P2TECH subscribers can be viewed at
http://www.frappr.com/p2tech.

(http://www.p2rx.org ).