Re: Env. Safe Graffiti Remover

Arm and Hammer makes industrial baking soda-based products that have been used very successfully in this application. I don't have contacts, but the parent company is Church and Dwight based in Princeton, NJ.

Melinda Dower
NJ Department of Environmental Protection
Diesel Risk Reduction Team
P.O. Box 423
Trenton, N.J. 08625-0423
(609) 292-1122
fax (609) 777-1330
"Idling is everybody's business."

>>> Deb Jacobson <djacobso@postoffice.wmrc.uiuc.edu> 4/7/2008 10:20 AM >>>
Karen -

The City of Chicago uses an alternative
product.  I'll check with one of my colleagues
there and see if I can find out what they use.
In addition, I understand methyl ester (a.k.a. bio-diesel) may be an option.

Deb

At 08:55 AM 4/7/2008, TELIHA, KAREN wrote:
>Anyone know of or are successfully using an
>environmental safe or at least less toxic way of removing graffiti?
>
>I've run across this page, which lists products
>that are certified by the Canadian ECO
>LOGO.
><http://www.ecologo.org/en/participatingcompanies/details.asp?client_id=91>http://www.ecologo.org/en/participatingcompanies/details.asp?client_id=91
>
>Just checking to see if anyone is aware of anything else*
>

>Karen Teliha
>Community Environmental Health & Education
>Indiana Dept. of Environmental Management
>800-988-7901

Debra Jacobson
E-mail Address djacobso@wmrc.uiuc.edu
1010 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 12