Re: Env. Safe Graffiti Remover

Karen,

There are a number of alternatives that are out there. The soy methyl-ester products such as-

http://www.soysolvents.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=S&Category_Code=GR

http://www.soysolv.com/graffiti/index.htm

Also the new Clorox Green Works products may be strong enough for use-

Green Works- dilutable cleaner (undiluted)
http://www.cloroxgreenworks.com/Green_Works_Ingredient_List.html

Ron Smith
Ohio EPA, Office of Compliance Assistance & Pollution Prevention
614-644-2813
614-644-2807 fax
ron.smith@epa.state.oh.us
http://www.epa.state.oh.us/ocapp/ocapp.html
"We exist temporarily by what we take, we exist forever by what we give."
-Will Rogers, Jr.

>>> "TELIHA, KAREN" <kteliha@idem.in.gov> 4/7/2008 9:55 AM >>>
Anyone know of or are successfully using an environmental safe or at
least less toxic way of removing graffiti?

I've run across this page, which lists products that are certified by
the Canadian ECO LOGO.
http://www.ecologo.org/en/participatingcompanies/details.asp?client_id=9
1

Just checking to see if anyone is aware of anything else...

Karen Teliha
Community Environmental Health & Education
Indiana Dept. of Environmental Management
800-988-7901