Re: But seriously, folks....

Scott,
I read (and enjoyed) every word. Thankfully, most of us don't have fingers that can keep up with our brains and so others will never know the inner workings of our brains as you have shared yours. We admire your courage.
My meager suggestion for discussion is "Is P2 more a way of doing all of our work than it is an actual field of practice?"
I miss all of my P2 friends terribly and they are the best, brightest, most creative people I have ever known. Unfortunately, I don't get to go to P2 conferences any more, but the spirit is always with me. We P2 Techies will always be the person in the room who asks "why?" (in my case, why on God's earth do trains need to idle 24 hours a day?). Ours is a noble cause.
Melinda

Melinda Dower
NJ Department of Environmental Protection
Diesel Risk Reduction Team
P.O. Box 423
Trenton, N.J. 08625-0423
(609) 292-1122
fax (609) 777-1330
"Idling is everybody's business."

>>> "Butner, R Scott" <scott.butner@pnl.gov> 5/1/2008 3:59 PM >>>

I've gotten some great offline responses to my lengthy P2TECH post,
"Some thoughts in the shadow of Earth Day, and a challenge to the P2
community"

However, I know many of you are too busy to read such a long, rambling
note.  Others may take offense at my less-than-serious treatment of some
serious subjects.

A few have questioned my mental health.  But that happens on a daily
basis, so I'm not sure if I can really establish a causal linkage to the
e-mail.

Nonetheless, I'd love to get your ideas for discussion topics for the
NPPR breakout session during this month's National Environmental
Partnership Summit.

Specifically, what issues should the P2 community be thinking
about/talking about at this time?

Any replies, online or offline, short or long, extensively researched or
off the cuff, are welcome.  If I use them in my presentation, I'll be
sure to provide attribution.

thanks
Scott Butner
Director, ChemAlliance
c/o Pacific NW National Laboratory
MS K7-28
3350 Q Ave
Richland, WA 99354
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
Website: http://www.chemalliance.org/
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov