RE: Biofule Handling/Processing

Debby—

This is not really P2 but perhaps would be useful (though much of the regulatory stuff described is Virginia specific)--

Virginia Biodiesel Environmental Compliance Primer, January 2008

The biofuels industry, which includes production and distribution of biodiesel, is growing nationwide and in Virginia.  Within this primer, the DEQ aims to acquaint the reader with the environmental regulatory obligations concerning biodiesel fuel production.  Biodiesel fuel production, like other industrial processes, is subject to laws and regulations for protecting air, water, and land resources, assuring safe handling of hazardous materials, and proper disposal of wastes.  Some of these requirements apply to small scale producers as well as to large commercial operations.

Virginia Biodiesel Environmental Compliance Primer, Jan. 2008

http://www.deq.virginia.gov/export/sites/default/osba/pdf/VDEQBiodieselPrimer2008.pdf

Rod

Rodney Sobin
Soon to be defunct Office of Small Business Assistance
Postal:
P.O. Box 1105, Richmond, VA 23218-1105

Street:  629 E. Main St., Richmond, VA 23219-2429
Tel. 804-698-4382       fax 804-698-4264
rsobin@deq.virginia.gov

Environmental Assistance for Small Businesses http://www.deq.virginia.gov/osba

Virginia Comprehensive Assistance Network http://www.deq.state.va.us/osba/vacan/

DEQ Innovative Technology http://www.deq.virginia.gov/innovtech