what about containers for drinking water in the office?

Folks,

We just got a message from the dean's office that they are no longer going
to be allowed to buy bottled water as an "office supply".  My reaction is
one of glee -- the pocketbook is the best prevention!  (sometimes)

Anyway, we have an advocate in the Dean's office who wants to use reusable
mugs or glasses but washing is a problem.

I thought of asking people to wash their own mug, but that's a bit tacky.
I thought of asking people to bring their own mug - a good solution if they
remember.  It's a little like bringing your bags into the store.  I'm
pretty good about bringing my bags into the grocery store, but forget them
in other stores.
I thought of installing a dishwasher - which we may be able to do in the
new building.
I thought of having little cards like they do in hotels, explaining that
we're going green and asking people to use a mug and wash it when they're
finished.  I think that honestly, though, folks just will go without water.

What solutions have you used or seen to this problem?

At this point the dean's office is considering asking folks to bring their
mug but having paper cups as a back-up.

Thanks,
Jean

Jean S. Waters
Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange (P2Rx) Coordinator
Nebraska Business Development Center
6001 Dodge St. RH 308
Omaha, NE  68182
402-554-6259 (voice)
402-554-6260 (FAX)
jwaters@mail.unomaha.edu

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do"  John Wooden