Re: what about containers for drinking water in the office?

Jean - We also eliminated bottled water from my office.  Fortunately I was washing my cup in the utility sink one day and noticed the hoses going to the RO system that feeds the drinking fountain in the hall!  Woo hoo!!!  Now the staff in the office uses one of the many mugs that we have collected over the years as give-aways and fills it at the drinking fountain.   I purchased an inexpensive water pitcher for guests and meetings and provide ceramic mugs.  We do have a supply of paper cups on hand, but we keep them out of sight stored in a closet.

Hope this helps!

Deb

P.S.  Like you I routinely forget to take my canvas bags into stores other than the grocery.  I've found myself getting a little extra exercise by going back to my car to get them while at the shopping center.  I'm amazed at how many people commend me for bring them into the mall.