[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Styrene replacement
- From: "Ken Grimm" <KGrimm@pprc.org>
- Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:48:55 -0800
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-name: p2tech
- Reply-to: "Ken Grimm" <KGrimm@pprc.org>
- Thread-index: Ack95NL3U/guabP/TzC1zcUeIcMX+A==
- Thread-topic: Styrene replacement
One of the companies we are working with manufactures gel coat. As part of the clean-up process they rinse the tanks with styrene to clean them out between batches, drum up the used styrene and send it out as hazardous waste.
We have provided them information on solvent distillation, but with styrene now classified as a "probable carcinogen," does anyone know of an effective (and cost-effective) substitute for styrene in the clean-up process?
Thanks very much,