From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net]On Behalf Of Ken Grimm
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 10:49 AM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Styrene replacement

Greetings,

One of the companies we are working with manufactures gel coat.  As part of the clean-up process they rinse the tanks with styrene to clean them out between batches, drum up the used styrene and send it out as hazardous waste.

We have provided them information on solvent distillation, but with styrene now classified as a "probable carcinogen," does anyone know of an effective (and cost-effective) substitute for styrene in the clean-up process?

Thanks very much,

Ken

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.