Re: Foam scrap reuse/recycle

I have seen materials like these being used to produce carpet padding, although I am not sure about the fire retardant (although they use mattress foam scraps, and I assume those have fire retardants).
Melinda

Melinda Dower
NJ Department of Environmental Protection
Diesel Risk Reduction Team
P.O. Box 423
Trenton, N.J. 08625-0423
(609) 292-1122
fax (609) 777-1330
"Idling is everybody's business."

>>> "Judy Wlodarczyk" <JWlodarczyk@connstep.org> 11/12/2008 12:48 PM >>>
I have a client that makes cushions for airplane seats.  They fashion
the foam according to the specifications/design and send off to their
customer.  They have worked very hard to cut the foam with a minimal
amount of waste, however a significant amount is generated on a monthly
basis.  Does anyone have any ideas where this waste can be marketed for
re-use or recycle rather than the current practice of disposal?  The
foam is:

1.        Closed cell foam - density is 2.2-2.3 (amount not known)

2.       Open cell foam - density of 2.4-3.2 (18,000 lbs. per month)

All foam is aircraft quality.  It has fire prevention additives, etc.
The waste is in strips, pieces, odd shapes.   Appreciate any ideas that
you can give us.

Thanks,
Judy Wlodarczyk

CONNSTEP, Inc.
1090 Elm Street Suite 202
Rocky Hill, CT  06067
http://www.connstep.org <http://www.connstep.org/>

Email:  jwlodarc@connstep.org <mailto:jwlodarc@connstep.org>
Office: 860-644-9718

Cell:    860-539-4926

Fax:    860-529-5001

This email message is from CONNSTEP, Inc., and is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s).  It may contain confidential and privileged
information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution is
sender by reply email (or connstep@connstep.org
<mailto:connstep@connstep.org> ) and destroy all copies of the original
message.