Rust stain remover

Our Administrative Services building maintenance department switched to green cleaning products for all State buildings with one exception; rust stain remover.  They asked us for an environmentally-friendly product that will remove rust stains from a variety of surfaces such as concrete, metal, porcelain, etc.

I’ve been to P2Rx, TURI, Green Seal, green shopping sites, etc., and found dozens of products that profess to remove rust stains but I’d prefer to recommend a few I know to be effective.  Someone here personally recommended “Bar Keepers Friend,” but I have no idea how environmentally benign it is.

Does anyone know of a product we can recommend?

Thanks

Paul Lockwood

NH Department of Environmental Services

P.O. Box 95