From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net on behalf of Lockwood, Paul
Sent: Wed 11/19/2008 5:09 AM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Rust stain remover

Our Administrative Services building maintenance department switched to green cleaning products for all State buildings with one exception; rust stain remover.  They asked us for an environmentally-friendly product that will remove rust stains from a variety of surfaces such as concrete, metal, porcelain, etc.

I’ve been to P2Rx, TURI, Green Seal, green shopping sites, etc., and found dozens of products that profess to remove rust stains but I’d prefer to recommend a few I know to be effective.  Someone here personally recommended “Bar Keepers Friend,” but I have no idea how environmentally benign it is.

Does anyone know of a product we can recommend?

Thanks

Paul Lockwood

NH Department of Environmental Services

P.O. Box 95

Concord, NH 03302-0095

(603) 271-2956

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.