Greening Laptop Use

Today I came across this article http://www.slate.com/id/2205761/

I guess I had never looked at this resource before. They are addressing many sustainability/p2 questions.

My question, do you agree with their recommendations on laptop use and laptops versus desktops. Is there a current ranking or rating of the green-ness of laptop and PC products.

I am finding that now more than ever organizations are trying to address energy saving and are looking for guidance.

Gary Miller

Gary D. Miller, Ph. D.
Interim Director
Illinois Sustainable Technology Center
Institute of Natural Resource Sustainability
1 Hazelwood Drive
Champaign, IL  61820-7456
217/333-8942 phone
217/333-8944 fax
gmiller@istc.illinois.edu

www.istc.illinois.edu/
www.pneac.org (Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center)
www.glrppr.org (Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable)
www.p2rx.org (Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange)
www.p2.org (National Pollution Prevention Roundtable)

Helping businesses in Illinois maximize resource efficiency, prevent pollution, and reduce costs

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * P2TECH is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network: http://www.great-lakes.net To unsubscribe from this list: send mail to majordomo@great-lakes.net with the command 'unsubscribe p2tech' in the body of your message. No quotes or subject line are required. About : http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/p2tech/p2tech.info. A map of P2TECH subscribers can be viewed at http://www.frappr.com/p2tech.

(http://www.p2rx.org ).