RE: Greening Laptop Use

Gary,

There is an Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool http://www.epeat.net/ website that rates some desktop and notebook computers against its criteria to award gold, silver, and bronze designations. I’ve not looked carefully at the criteria http://www.epeat.net/Criteria.aspx

There are a couple of articles on Environmental News Network that may be of interest—

http://www.enn.com/sci-tech/article/37846

The Greenest Desktop Computers Of 2008

http://www.enn.com/top_stories/article/37862

The Greenest Notebook Computers Of 2008

Cheers,

Rod

Rodney Sobin

Office of Remediation Programs

Postal: P.O. Box 1105, Richmond, VA 23218-1105

Street:  629 E. Main St., Richmond, VA 23219-2429

Tel. 804-698-4382

rsobin@deq.virginia.gov

DEQ Innovative Technology http://www.deq.virginia.gov/innovtech

DEQ Distributed Energy Resources http://www.deq.virginia.gov/innovtech/der1.html