Fwd: Help Preserve YOUR Compliance Assistance Centers

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:47:25 -0500
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
From: Deb Jacobson <djacobson@istc.illinois.edu>
Subject: Help Preserve YOUR Compliance Assistance Centers

Friends and Colleagues,

I am sending this message on behalf of the individuals involved with the EPA Compliance Assistance Centers. http://www.epa.gov/compliance/assistance/centers/index.html

It is our understanding that EPA has cut all funding to the National Compliance Assistance Centers in the 2009 budget.  We are currently in communication with EPA to encourage them to reconsider this plan.  We have requested that EPA restore supporting funds in the 2010 budget and beyond.  Without supporting funds the Centers will no longer be maintained and the resources will quickly become obsolete and out of date.  In addition, you will no longer have quick and easy access to the industry technical experts.

Since 1995 the Centers have served as a valuable resource to the assistance provider community as well as the industry representatives themselves.  The Centers represent seventeen industrial sectors that many of you serve.  We are seeking your support and encourage you to contact EPA to express your concerns about the loss of this resource.  Contact:

Ms. Lisa Jackson        Lisa Lund,                        David Hindin,                     Tracy Back,
Administrator                     Director                           Acting Deputy Director  Compliance Assistance Center Program Coordinator
EPA                                EPA Office of Compliance        EPA Office of Compliance        EPA Office of Compliance
jackson.lisa@epa.gov    lund.lisa@epa.gov                 hindin.david@epa.gov              back.tracy@.epa.gov

U.S. EPA
Ariel Rios Building
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20460

I have a sample letter to Ms. Jackson if you would like a copy.  Should you need any additional details or information you can contact me or any of the Center directors see http://www.assistancecenters.net/about/contact.cfm Note, I am now the primary contact for the Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center.

Sincerely,

Deb Jacobson
PNEAC Director

Please note - As of July 1, 2008 WMRC became the University of Illinois Sustainable Technology Center - My e-mail address has changed as a result.  Please update your address book!  djacobson@istc.illinois.edu
Debra Jacobson
E-mail Address
djacobson@istc.illinois.edu
Sustainable Technology Center