SG-W:/ Bluffs update

Someone recently asked about for an update on the Bluffs poposal.

For those unfamiliar with the proposal, a luxury condo development of
approx. 200 units (the exact number is a moving target) is being proposed
for the beautiful 18 acres woods overlooking North Main Street, near M14.
Along with concerns about traffic congestion, erosion, and water runoff,
the project would entail cutting down many landmark trees and mar the view
of the Huron River.

The Friends of the Bluffs are busy getting petition signatures, collecting
information, getting expert opinions, etc. as we wait for the developer to
put forward his revised plan.  We don't know just what it will look like,
but we haven't had  any indication that it will be vastly different than
his original proposal.

If you want to learn more about the bluffs issue,  visit our website at
http://www.hvcn.org/info/bluffs

If you want to become more involved, or want to be alerted when the
proposal comes before the planning commission again, please send an email
to bluffs@cyberspace.org.

Mary Beth Doyle, MPH
Environmental Health Project
Ecology Center of Ann Arbor