Re: SG-W:/ Washtenaw County's efforts on "Sustainable Community"

For what it's worth, here's my two cents worth on this matter:  it's been
going on for some time without any tangible outcomes, and it's difficult for
me to see anything of value ever coming of it.  As someone who waded through
the county's ag lands and open space task force--which produced a
recommendation that essentially became Proposal 1--these things tend to be a
lot of discussion without much in the way of action, particularly with the
sustainability stuff.  It's a nice concept, but no one can define what it
means and there is no mandate to come up with anything.  Folks are welcome to
participate in whatever they want, but my opinion is that there are far more
productive projects with which to get involved than this.