SG-W:/ Too much negative e-mail?

It's been interesting reading all of the e-mail which has quickly been
generated on the smartgrowth listserve.  If you're like me, however,
sometimes all of the negative news tends to get you down a little.  If you
need a respite, I invite you to attend a couple of upcoming free events
sponsored by the Southeast Michigan Land  Conservancy (and Superior Land
Conservancy, our local division).  You don't have to be a member--we welcome
and encourage all to attend.

Both events are at our 171-acre LeFurge Woods property in Superior Township,
Conservancy-owned land which is permanently protected.  The entrance to
LeFurge Woods is on the east side of Prospect Road, exactly 1/2 mile north of
Geddes (2 1/2 miles south of Ford Road).  From A2, either take M-14 to Ford
Road and turn right on Prospect, or take Geddes Road from US 23 to Prospect
and turn left (there are traffic lights at Prospect).

Sat. June 19th at 4:30 a.m.:  "Sunrise Serenade".  It's early, but it's worth
it!  Bring a lawn chair to sit around the campfire while listening to the
progression of bird songs as they greet the daybreak.  Registration is
requested in order to plan for a pancake breakfast with homemade maple syrup.
 Bring your favorite morning beverage.  Call (313) 582-8377 to register the
number of people who plan to attend.  You may also e-mail me at <
SmileySMLC@aol.com >.  If you have a hard time waking up at that hour,
camping is available on Friday night.

Sat. June 26 at sundown:  "Full Moon Campfire".  We have a campfire each
month on the Saturday closest to the full moon.  Bring a lawn chair and some
campfire refreshments.  Children are welcome.  We have some interesting
discussions 'round the fire.  Other dates for this year are:  July 24; Aug.
28; Sept. 25; & Oct 23.

Jack Smiley, President
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy