Re: SG-W:/ Interesting Pittsfield Twp meeting

Hello,  I am familiar with Duany and his presentations.  I saw him do the
same dog and pony show for a group that was trying to get a permit for a
new sand and gravel mine.  He was showing how nice the gravel mine
could be once they developed his new urbanist village around the
proposed gravel pit.  His ideas may be good but I question whether an
isolated development can really be self-containing and don't truly add to
the congestion and over-use of the land just as the "other" type of
development will.  Catherine