Re: SG-W:/ Interesting Pittsfield Twp meeting

I thought Duany's presentation was excellent, perhaps even outstanding.  He
says all the right things about the current style of development, and I found
very little with which I didn't agree, from a philosophical standpoint.  He
was rather arrogant during the Q&A, and that detracted from his remarks for
those who stayed.

The real question is, is his style of development appropriate for this
location?  I see there being a number of really tough questions that the crew
needs to answer, like:  how are you going to deal with the huge numbers of
car trips that will result from this development, no matter how well it's
designed?  How are you going to deal with the lack of sewer capacity?  What
about real open space/natural area protection, not just postage stamp town
squares, and connection to the already existing natural and developed
landscape?

I think it's quite novel to hold this process in a public place for public
viewing and comment, but it's worth noting that much of the scheduled
sessions are during the day when most people are not able to attend.

And they need to keep in mind that one mega project was already shot down on
this site, so that if theirs doesn't fly that doesn't mean a typical
Pittsfield slaughter sub is destined to be built there.

By all means, head over to see what's up and make your statements known.
/
email to majordomo@great-lakes.net  with a one-line message body of  /"info