SG-W:/ New SMLC Staff Person

Dear Folks,

It has been pointed out to me that the Ann Arbor News recently ran an article
about the Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy (SMLC) hiring our first staff
position.  I haven't seen the article, but perhaps this is a good time to
start spreading the word.

SMLC has hired Philip R. Smith as Director of Development--in charge of fund
raising and membership development.  This is our first paid staff position.
Phil was the part time Executive Director of Recycle Livingston.  He will
work at our new office at the NEW Center in Ann Arbor, beginning in August.
Our office will be upstairs next to the Huron River Watershed Council's
office...so maybe we'll have more frequent contact with many of you on this
listserve.

With an official office, I'm sure that we'll be looking to recruit volunteers
and student interns to help out.  Let us know if you are aware of someone who
might be interested in helping in that capacity.

Well...that's all for now.

Jack Smiley, President
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy