[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SG-W:/ Parkland Acquisition Millage - top ten list
- Subject: SG-W:/ Parkland Acquisition Millage - top ten list
- From: Anne Heise <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:23:11 -0400 (EDT)
Top Ten Reasons To Circulate The Ann Arbor Parkland Petition
10. Without it, the privately-held open space in Ann Arbor is headed for
9. City Council refuses to allow citizens to vote on whether to buy more
park land. But we can get this on the ballot ourselves.
8. One park millage plus State matching funds equals a decade of
acquiring the best natural lands in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area
that will be annexed to the City.
7. For a few hours over the next five days, you can put off cutting your
lawn or reading that novel and your town won't go to hell in a
handbasket. If you don't, it may.
6. Your children and grandchildren will thank you for it.
5. You'll be a proud member of a band of citizen activists who saved
hundreds of acres of open space forever.
4. You'll get to read another sputtering Ann Arbor News editorial
complaining that citizens will have the opportunity to vote on the
future of their town. Outrageous!
3. If you wanted to live in Canton or Livonia you would have moved there.
2. You want to paddle down the Huron River ten years from now without
cringing at what you see on the banks.
1. You care about nature and your community and you won't stand idly by
while it is threatened by sprawl.
Five days left. Want to help? Call Mary Beth Doyle at 761-3186 extension
108 or Doug Cowherd at 662-5205.
smartgrowth-washtenaw: Internet List and Forum for issues relating to
sprawl, smart growth, and preservation of the quality of life in Washtenaw
Postings to: email@example.com For info, send
email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a one-line message body of "info