Re: SG-W:/ Victories

Re:will an Urban Services Boundary allow Salem to "maintain their rural
character" elsewhere in the township -- well, it will, but the zoning in
the rest of the township (where you want to preserve your open
land/farming) MUST be truly rural.  It can't be 2-5 or even 10 acre lot
zoning.  This is a problem, because I don't know what to tell you to zone
it.  Unless you could down zone to 1 dwelling unit per 20 acres.  Yikes.

I do support the ideas of urban services areas, because I do think it
allows a community to provide for a given amount of population growth ina
more efficient way.  The trouble is that currently, the township providing
high density growth in one place does not guarantee that growth won't
continue to happen everywhere else, too, eventually.

Hmmm.

It would be great to have a TDR program between your high density Urban
Services areas and your rural area.

Kris Olsson