SG-W:/ AUGUST CAMPFIRE

Dear Friends:
Once again, the Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy/Superior Land Conservancy
will host a Full Moon Campfire at our 171-acre LeFurge Woods property in
Superior Township.  The next campfire will be held THIS SATURDAY, AUGUST 28th
beginning at SUNDOWN (approx. 8:15 p.m. nowadays).

Bring a lawn chair and some campfire refreshments.  Children are welcome and,
as always, there is no charge.  Due to the recent rains, we may have a few
mosquitos this time, but hopefully they won't be too bad.  (Insect repellent
will be available just in case).  Remaining campfire dates for this year are:
 Sept. 25 & Oct 23.

The entrance to LeFurge Woods is on the east side of Prospect Road, exactly
1/2 mile north of Geddes (2 1/2 miles south of Ford Road).  From A2, either
take M-14 to Ford Road and turn right on Prospect, or take Geddes Road from
US 23 to Prospect and turn left (there are traffic lights at Prospect Road).
The entrance driveway is small and hard to see, but we put a Conservancy sign
out along the road.

Note:  LeFurge Woods has recently been a very popular gathering spot for
migratory birds.  Last week we had over 100 rough-winged swallows swooping
over the wetland, while a few hundred red-winged blackbirds noisily occupied
the cattails.  Winter is coming!

-Jack Smiley