SG-W:/ searching for information

I wrote about the Silverman development proposal on Liberty Road west of
Ann Arbor over the weekend.  Until about 10 years ago, The property owners
were selling peat as they dug ponds on the site.  Some neighbors recall
the sale of peat stopped due to contamination (from Gelman) of the soil.

I'd like to know if this information is correct.  Any ideas which agency
might have tested the soil and stopped the sale of the peat?

Jan Gerson