Re: SG-W:/taxes and incentives [was "lawsuits and zoning"]

My brainstorm blew off course a little. Here are some quick thoughts that
resulted from it.

Remove the economic incentive for development--tax developments at a fair
level for the infrastructure and environmental and social impacts they
create, and then tax them some more and use the surplus from those that
go through to purchase development rights to other lands and provide
economic incentives for building and living in urban zones.

Remove or counter any incentives for people to move here--are chambers of
commerce or others actively working to attract businesses and people to
work in them to our county? If so, why? Can we stop or counter this and
thereby stop some of the influx of people?

Beyond these options it seems we're left with existing tools: planning,
zoning, purchasing land/development rights.

Thanks for the prodding, Jeff.

Steve