SG-W:/ Ecomindium

I can't see that many people will be motivated to reduce sprawl based on
hypothetical energy shortages and/or global warming, especially
considering the cheap cost of energy, and how previous predictions of
energy shortages have been wildly inaccurate.  Even if these warnings
turn out to be true, most people won't see their impact for some time to
come.  I think people are much more likely to be effected today by
seeing the connection between sprawl and their immediate quality of
life, and the economic impact it has on their lives.  We can understand
traffic congestion, higher taxes, visual blight, time shortages, loss of
green spaces, these are real things that are with us today.  Talk of
possible future problems is just lost on most people, including myself,
it just seems too speculative.