SG-W:/ Transpo plan

Ken, Thank you for all the info on UATS and the emphatic note and sample
arguments. We've been somewhat preoccupied with MDOT here in Pittsfield,
regarding the widening of US-12. Folks in one subdivision want to reroute
US-12 up our dirt road so it will be "safer", that is, out of there
backyards and into our front yards, then on into the backyards of another
subdivision. MDOT is not really interested in doing this, but it's gotten
wierdly political, with our Supervisor endorsing it and Alma Wheeler Smith
and Liz Brater both getting a lot of heat to make MDOT really consider this
willdly insane plan. On top of all that, I keep withholding comment because
the crazy plan would 86 Newmarket's cutesy southern "village," and while I
don't want a highway on Textile, it pleases me no end to watch the developer
squirm, scheme, and misrepresent his plans in an attempt to placate the
crazy plan people.

I'll get right on spreading the word about the remaining public meeting date
and about letter writing. Tina.