SG-W:/ WINTER SOLSTICE CAMPFIRE

WINTER SOLSTICE FULL MOON CAMPFIRE

Wednesday, December 22nd from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
at LeFurge Woods in Superior Township

You are cordially invited to attend the last Full Moon Campfire of the
Millennium (if you don't count 2001 as the true end).  Regardless, it will be
the last Full Moon Campfire of the 1900s...and it will be the only Full Moon
to have occurred on the Winter Solstice is 133 years!

Don't concern yourself with the rain we are having today--it's going to cool
down nicely and freeze that sloppy ground.  So...dress warmly and come on out
to enjoy the arrival of winter!  Bay at the full moon as it appears from
behind the clouds (you'll be among friends--we won't mind!).

Bring your kids & bring some friends.  The more the merrier.  And bring some
lawn chairs and some campfire refreshments (BYOB, hot toddies, whatever).

This is a busy holiday season.  You owe it to yourself to come out and relax
for a while.  Remember:  this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!  Hope to
see you there.

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy/
Superior Land Conservancy

NOTE:  The entrance to LeFurge Woods is on the east side of Prospect Road,
exactly
1/2 mile north of Geddes (2 1/2 miles south of Ford Road).  From A2, either
take M-14 to Ford Road and turn right on Prospect, or take Geddes Road from
US 23 to Prospect and turn left (there are traffic lights at Prospect Road).
The entrance driveway is small and hard to see, but we put a Conservancy sign
out along the road.  Follow the driveway into the property and to the left
towards the parking area near the fire.