SG-W:/ Autumn Ridge dealt serious blow

Friends:
The controversial Autumn Ridge luxury condo project, proposed for a scenic forest high above the Huron River in Ann Arbor, was dealt a serious setback at last night's Ann Arbor Planning Commission public hearing. By a unanimous vote, the Commission rejected the 191-unit project and sent the stunned Farmington Hills developer packing. 70 supporters of Friends of the Bluffs, the grass-roots Ann Arbor group fighting this ill-conceived project, turned out to lend their voices to the cause...on a frigid, late evening three days before Christmas Eve. On behalf of Friends of the Bluffs, I want to thank everyone for their support and hard work. Working together, we moved one step closer to saving Ann Arbor's Bluffs. We're not there, yet. The developer has deep pockets and much money at stake. So he may come back with a smaller, "more environmentally friendly" proposal. So stay tuned. We'll need to continue to pull together to save the Bluffs. In the meantime, though, I can't think of !
a better way to head into the holiday season. There will be peace in the Bluffs some day. Happy holidays!
--Bill Hanson, for Friends of the Bluffs