SG-W:/ HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Yes, it's still a little early here...but I've been watching on TV the
celebration in Auckland, New Zealand, reportedly the first large city in the
world to celebrate the Year 2000.

I was struck by the New Zealander's attention towards protecting the world
environment.  The ceremonial host in Auckland posed the question:  "What
Legacy are we giving to the future?"  It's a good question which we all
should ponder.

Let's hope that the Year 2000 (and beyond) will be one of hope, progress and
reasonable prosperity.

Good luck to all...and Happy New Year!

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy