Re: SG-W:/ Fall elections - 2000

   As someone who did run for a Township office four years ago, I can
encourage anyone hesitating to step forward that the race is actually fun.
I was part of a 5 person "slow growth" slate in Pittsfield. Three of us won
(although not me), but even with the negative outcome, I would still do it
again. I found that knocking on doors and talking to people about the
issues was very interesting. The electoral process is something that few
people know much about, and you will have a much better idea of how things
work.

   And nearly everyone cares about Growth. Most people are eager to talk
and many are ready and willing to support you. Part of the fear of running
for office is the fear of the unknown - "what am I getting into?" - and I
just want to assure you that it can be fun and interesting.

   It is undeniable that to win, you will have to work hard during October.
But elections do have the advantage that when they're over, they're over.
It's not a long committment.

   And, hey, you might actually win.

   So, if you are interested in land use issues, think seriously about
making a run. You can make a difference.

   					- Bob Johnson