Re: SG-W:/ Fall elections - 2000

I heartily echo Jeff's comments.  Our current predicament is in large part
due to the presence of well-meaning but less informed (or less dedicated)
individuals serving on township boards, and the county board of commissioners
(and in some cases the presence of well-informed individuals dedicated to
seeing every last inch of open land paved over with houses and commercial
buildings).  We need the folks on this list serve and others to step up and
submit nominations for these positions this year, while we still have
excellent opportunities to do the real work.

Bob Johnson's comments were also right on target:  find a couple friends or
neighbors and run on a slate.  We'll help you with messages and platforms,
but you have to turn in the paperwork.  Don't think it's not possible, or
that it will be overwhelming.  Quality people are needed.  Go for it!