SG-W:/ seminars

> [...]
> Matters” has been organized to help Washtenaw County residents learn
> more about important aspects of home maintenance that may affect
> groundwater and surface water quality as well as your family’s
> health.  The three workshops cover septic system maintenance, well
> maintenance and lawn and garden care.  This should be of special
> concern to homeowners in Washtenaw County that rely on a private well
> for their family’s drinking water.
>      The three workshops will be held at two different locations:
> Lincoln High School Cafeteria, 7425 Willis Rd., Ypsilanti and at the
> Chelsea Community Hospital – White Oaks Inn, in the Atrium, 775 S.
> Main St., Chelsea.  The Lincoln High School workshops are on three
> consecutive Wednesday nights: March 8th, 15th, and 22nd.  The Chelsea
> workshops are on three consecutive Thursday nights: March 9th, 16th,
> and 23rd.  All workshops start at 7:00pm and go until 9:00pm.
>      The first workshop of the series will cover septic system
> maintenance.  Topics to be covered include: general maintenance,
> pumping frequency, local soils, engineered systems, additives, the new
> point of sale inspection program, and other concerns.  Washtenaw
> County Sanitarians will lead the discussions and will field questions
> from the audience.
>      The second workshop of the series is the drinking water well
> workshop, which is also led by Washtenaw County Sanitarians.  Topics
> covered will include: well construction, maintenance, local soils,
> groundwater quality, water testing, treatment systems and other
> concerns.  There will be a question and answer period to follow.  The
> first twenty people to register will receive free drinking water well
> test kits conducted by the Michigan Dept. of Environmental Quality
> courtesy of the Michigan Groundwater Stewardship Program.
>      The third workshop in the series will discuss lawn and garden
> techniques that protect your family’s health and the environment.  The
> first guest speaker will be the president of the Ann Arbor chapter of
> the Wild Ones, Trish Beckjord.  She will be discussing the use of
> native plants to create a healthy, low maintenance landscape.  She’ll
> have plenty of slides and information on specific plants and
> techniques for use in Washtenaw County.  The other speaker will be
> Master Gardener Gwen Reynolds.  Gwen will be discussing safe pesticide
> and fertilizer practices and their alternatives to best manage your
> lawn and garden.  She’ll discuss the best ways to maintain a healthy
> landscape as well as how to best deal with many common lawn and garden
> problems.
>     These workshops are sponsored by the Michigan Groundwater
> Stewardship Program and the Washtenaw County Division of Environmental
> Health.  For more information, or to register (not required), for any
> of these events contact Ryan Tefertiller at the Washtenaw County
> Environmental Services building at (734) 971-4542 ext. 2093.

-- BEGIN included message

[...]

begin:vcard
n:Tefertiller;Ryan
tel;fax:(734) 971-6947
tel;work:(734) 971-4542 ext. 2093
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:MI Groundwater Stewardship Program
version:2.1
email;internet:tefertir@co.washtenaw.mi.us
title:AmeriCorps member
adr;quoted-printable:;;Washtenaw County D.E.I.S.=0D=0A4101 Washtenaw Ave.=0D=0AP.O. Box 8645;Ann Arbor;MI ;48107-8645;
fn:Ryan Tefertiller
end:vcard

-- END included message