Re: SG-W:/ Detroit News & Freep

Tina:
If you will kindly look at my email again you should notice that I gave you
no tips on how to do PR. Sorry if I offended you, but I have a moral
obligation to point out to others who might read this list serve that talking
to the Detroit News and Free Press -- even with the aim of doing
environmental PR -- is not a squeaky clean thing to do at the moment. My aim
was simply to inform. Emilia Askari, at the Free Press, though, who covers
environmental issues, and who was called back to work, has the Newspaper
Guild's blessing for crossing the picket line. She would be a much better
contact to have, I believe. With a media blackout on these issues, I don't
expect that most readers would know this. As for name calling, I simply
described the situation as it is. You chose to include the reporter on the
list serve exchange.
--Bill Hanson