SG-W:/ Add Your Fight to the List

Forgive me if this already went to the Smart Growth - Washtenaw list

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:52:26 -0400
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
From: Patty Cantrell <patty@mlui.org>
Subject: E-M:/ Add Your Fight to the List

Enviro-Mich message from Patty Cantrell

Calling All Citizen Initiatives!

The Michigan Land Use Institute is preparing a report in the next issue of
our Great Lakes Bulletin on the growing grassroots insurgency across the
state. State and local governments have shown in many ways that they have
put the voters' environmental and social concerns far below the immediate
needs of business interests. More and more people are stepping out, however,
to turn that trend around in their own communities.

We want to make sure we know about your fight. Please send, as soon as
possible, the basic details of your rezoning case, wetland fill debacle and
other tangles with state and local agencies to Patty Cantrell at the
Michigan Land Use Institute via patty@mlui.org or P.O. Box 228, Benzonia,
Michigan, 49616. Fax is 231-882-7350.

Please include
- a contact name, phone and email
- the location of the problem
- a brief description of your organizing effort.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Patty

P.S. Take a look at the current issue of the Great Lakes Bulletin at
http://www.mlui.org/pubs/glb/glb11-00/glb11-00.html

*************************************
Patty Cantrell
Public Trust Alliance Project Manager
MICHIGAN LAND USE INSTITUTE
P.O. Box 228, 845 Michigan Ave.
Benzonia, MI 49616

tel: 231-882-4723 ext. 18
fax: 231-882-7350
e-mail: patty@mlui.org
internet: www.mlui.org

ENVIRO-MICH:  Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental and
Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action.   Archives at