SG-W:/ WPLT Preserve Work Days

Greetings everyone.  The Washtenaw-Potawatomi Land Trust will be holding work
days on upcoming Saturdays at our preserves.  Please consider joining us to
help and see these wonderful properties that we own and manage as natural
areas for the quiet use and enjoyment of the public.  Feel free to pass this
on to other people and lists.

Saturday, May 6:  Beckwith Conservancy, Stockbridge.  Clearing and
maintaining trails, pulling invasive garlic mustard; possibly bridge building
over Portage Creek.  Bring:  hand clippers, loppers, work gloves, yer own
water.  Directions from Ann Arbor:  take I-94 or N. Territorial Rd. west to
M-52 and go north.  Follow M-52 north into downtown Stockbridge and turn
right at the four-way intersection by the courthouse; you will be on Main St.
which is also M-106 east.  Go for about a half mile and make a left on Maple
St.  Park along Maple and walk up the driveway at the end of the street to
meet us at the house.  Figure about 40 minutes of driving time from Ann Arbor.

Saturday, May 13:  Creekshead Preserve, Salem Township.  Clearing trails,
transplanting wildflowers off the trails; possibly some log placement across
soggy areas.  Bring:  hand clippers, loppers, work gloves, yer own water.
Directions from Ann Arbor:  take Plymouth Rd. east out of town past US-23,
throught Dixboro, past M-153 and turn left at Curtis Rd. (one mile past the
divided intersection with M-153).  Go north about three miles; the preserve
is on the west side of the road just past Brookville Rd.  You can park on
either side of Curtis, but please be careful as it is a busy road with
fast-moving vehicles.  Figure about 20 minutes driving time from Ann Arbor.

There will be refreshments on site.  Please feel free to contact me if you
have any questions.

Barry Lonik
WPLT