Re: SG-W:/ Local Control

Yeah, Jennie and Barry, good point about the MHP Commission. I'm thinking
that the initiative that Jennie's talking about may be to change us FROM a
home rule state, though, not TO a home rule state, because we are already
home rule, although not as much as we should be. Does anyone know who wants
this on the ballot and why? Are they proponents or opponents of home rule?
Is it because we are failing in regional planning so maybe we don't want all
these twps. making up their own rules, or is it to give more authority to
the twps. and thus to the people? The fiefdom in Pittsfield shows how
miserable home rule can be, but then again the MHP Commission shows how bad
state control can be. Tina