Re: SG-W:/ manufactured housing

Hi all - I'm not too up on this, but my understanding of the problems with
the Mobile Home Park Commission are that 1) it can override local control
and get land rezoned for MHPs and 2) it doesn't have a balanced make-up:
that is, almost everyone on the commission has an interest in seeing mobile
home parks built. The concern I remember hearing from Alma Wheeler Smith's
office was that there is no one from the environmental sector, nor
agriculture. At least they have more elected officials on this new list, but
where I come from, those folks are often easily persuaded by developers of
all kinds (Fear of Lawsuits, mostly). I still see no one representing the
environment or Ag, and with the inordinate amount of power that the MHPC
has, this is a concern. This is an important battle. Ask anyone who has ever
been run over by the MHPC. They hold ALL the cards when it comes to
rezonings. Tina