SG-W:/ BUTTERFLY TOUR & JULY EVENTS

Mark Your Calendars for these upcoming events!:

BUTTERFLY TOUR at LeFURGE WOODS
Saturday, July 8, 2000, at 10 a.m.  Join us on one of our most popular nature
tours.  We have identified over 20 species of butterflies at LeFurge Woods in
Superior Township, including tiger, black and giant swallowtails, hickory
hairstreak, monarch, pearl crescent, morning cloak, red spotted purple...and
many more!  Come out and see which species we find this year.  Especially for
this tour, bring the kids!

PURPLE LOOSESTRIFE WORK PARTY. Saturday, July 15 at 5 p.m.  Help us to remove
invasive purple loosestrife plants from the LeFurge wetland.  Gloves and
knee-high boots are recommended.  Bring a bag lunch for a picnic afterwards
(hot dogs provided).  Relax and stay for the...

FULL MOON CAMPFIRE & CAMPOUT, July 15th beginning at sunset.  Even if you
canít come for the work party, bring some campfire refreshments and lawn
chairs to enjoy the summer night.  A spectacular light show in the fields
will bring out the kid in all of us (lightening bugs).  Free camping is
optional.

The entrance to LeFurge Woods is on the east side of Prospect Road exactly
1/2 mile north of Geddes Road (2 1/2 miles south of Ford Road).
For further info, send an e-mail to  SmileySMLC@aol.com  or call:

SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN LAND CONSERVANCY  (313) 582-8377
SUPERIOR LAND CONSERVANCY  (734) 997-0942

- Jack Smiley