SG-W:/ Pittsfield Master Plan

Just a quick note:

Many of the folks on this listserv came to the 1995 Master Plan hearing in
Pitts, when our benighted planning commission threw open the doors to the
out of control growth we have now. Now that they have approved Newmarket,
and have several other dense fake New-Urbanist designs on tap for Michigan
Ave, they want to patch up the central part of our plan to allow even denser
development than the 1995 plan. I won't go into detail here about the folly
of this, but the brief points are: TRAFFIC, FLOODING, SEWER CAPACITY,
SCHOOLS, AND ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER, not to mention those of us who earn our
living in the agricultural sector possibly losing our land to special
assessments to serve these developments.

PLease come and speak up at the workshop on July 12, 7 pm, Township Hall. We
must represent our point of view: That we support parts of the existing
Master Plan that plan for Business Parks and light industrial on State St
(Not jam packed mixed residential communities), and the existing planned
commercial areas; and most importantly, that we want the Central
Agricultural area withdrawn from the sewer service area. This clay based,
wet area simply can't be intensively developed without sewer and water, thus
saving the rate payers a ton of money by not having to increase our sewer
contract, protecting our environment, and avoiding the inevitable lawsuits
from the new residents IF Newmarket and other PUDs are built, when they have
basements awash in sewage and assorted gifts from the swamp.

There will be ONLY ONE WORKSHOP and ONLY ONE PUBLIC HEARING. The public
hearing will be too late. So come to the workshop if you want to make any
difference.
All The Best, Tina