Re: SG-W:/ I'm a pig

Tina,

It's entirely reasonable to ask where the Natural Areas Preservation
Proposal money would be spent.  The Proposal doesn't specify actual
parcels or locations.  It establishes a set of criteria and a decision
process that would determine what land the County would attempt to buy.

Under the proposed criteria, top priority properties would be land with
environmentally valuable wetlands and other water resources, land which
serves as important wildlife habitat for threatened or endangered species,
and, to a lesser extent, land which buffers these sorts of properties.
There are properties of this sort in virtually every part of the county.

Doug Cowherd
Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group