SG-W:/ You can help save the Bluffs tonight

Friends:

Tonight (Monday, 8/21) the Ann Arbor City Council will hold a televised
public hearing about whether to apply for State funds to buy the Bluffs so
it can be made a public park.  To show the public's support for preserving
the Bluffs, we need a good crowd to stand up when the first speaker asks
"Who wants to Save the Bluffs?"  With so many people out of town right
now, your prescence will be extra important.

The public hearing will begin after 7:45 p.m.. If you like, you can just
show up for the "standing time" so your support will be noted.  Or you can
stay for the public hearing (speak if you like) and the City Council vote
on this question.  You need not be a city resident to register your
support for preserving this beautiful 17 acre forest overlooking the Huron
River.

The public hearing will be on the second floor of City Hall (at the corner
of Huron and 5th).  Free parking can be found at City Hall, Anne St. and
4th, and the municipal lot on 4th.

I hope to see you there as we take the next step towards saving the Bluffs
forever.

Doug Cowherd
Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group