Re: SG-W:/ Bluffs preservation advances

Congratulations! I wanted to come, but my daughter was sick. I hope you get
the DNR grant.

This only makes me more heartbroken that our board here in Pittsfield
refused to apply for a grant for a major part of the Newmarket property a
couple years ago: 150 acres for under 1 million dollars. They felt it was
too expensive! No matter how we tried to explain that this was the last,
best, cheapest land in Pittsfield, and even though we had a bridging agency
(the Trust For Public Land) AND a parks millage, our board remained
steadfast in it's desire to see this land destroyed and developed (A 4 to 3
vote: Doug Woolley, Marjorie Shelton, Bob Skrobola, and Judy Bocklage were
adamant that this land fall into developer's hands. Boos to them. Our
supporters were: Pat Lennington, Judith Walter, and Jim Aldrich. Cheers to
them) Tina.