Re: SG-W:/ Re:Name that Natural Areas Preservation Proposal

>NADER!!??!!
>
>I'm going to vote for Christ b/c Nader is pretty much just like Gore and
>just not pure enough liberal for me.
>
>Really . . . .why?
>
>On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Steve Bean wrote:

[snip]

>> Steve Bean
>> sbean@berginc.com
>>
>> www.votenader.org
>> www.billionairesforbushorgore.com

Yes, really. I put these links in my sig file so people might take a
little web trip to find out why. In particular, I recommend Nader's
speech to the NAACP at
<http://washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/onpolitics/elections/nader071100.htm>.
You'll hear (read) the truth like you never have before from a national
political candidate.

I'm a Green (since '88), which means that I'm not just an
environmentalist (as I'm sure applies to you as well, Jeff). And the term
"liberal" just doesn't work anymore.

I've watched the conventions and the post-convention punditry, I read
political news daily (my homesite is AlterNet.org, check it out), I've
read the Sierra article on the differences between Bush's and Gore's
campaign funding, I've been through the whole "a vote for Nader is a vote
for Bush" debate. (Please don't send me email on this. Go find some
uninformed swing voter who's leaning toward Bush and educate them
instead.) I'm with Michael Moore on this: if you want to waste your vote
on Gore, go right ahead. I'll be working to inform the majority of
eligible voters--millions of non-voters and undecideds--that Nader and
the Greens offer true representation for the asking, not rhetoric that
you have to beg for or back-scratching in return for big donations from
corporate greed-mongers.

At the very least, if we live in a true democracy, Ralph Nader should be
in the televised presidential debates. They're no longer sponsored by the
League of Women Voters, by the way. The Republicrats took it over after
Perot scared them in 1992. Corporate sponsors this year include Anheuser
Busch--Nader's suing on the grounds that they're exclusionary. Details
available on the Nader website. You can sign an online petition to get
Nader into the debates there, too.

Steve