Re: SG-W:/ Re:Name that Natural Areas Preservation Proposal

I'd like to request that we refrain from lobbying about the presidential race
on this list.  Unless a candidate takes a position about land use in this county,
I think the value is pretty limited.

But if folks are going to post to the list about the presidential race, let's
try to respect the fact that people of good conscience can hold very different
views.  If they don't cross over the line, Jeff and Steve's posts come very
close to it, IMO.  I personally think that Gore would do well by the environment
and make a better President than Nader or Bush, and I think that the history
of third-party candidates in this country is that they always help the party
whose positions are most opposed to theirs.  But, I respect the opinions of
those who argue that a vote for Nader, Buchanan, Hagelin, or the Libertarians
isn't wasted because of the signal it sends, its long-term impact on the two
major parties, or its contribution to building a party they more strongly support.
 That's what a democratic republic is all about.

And let's remember that the only guaranteed waste of a vote is the one that
all too many of us will choose in the fall:  to not vote at all.

--
http://www.provide.net