Re: SG-W:/ Chelsea Mobile Home Park

David,

Can you provide any additional information on this proposal? The
relevant points would include:

1)  Whose jurisdiction?

2)  Existing land uses and environmental features

3)  Surrounding land uses

4)  Surrounding zoning

5)  Master Plan [local and county]

6)  Existing or planned utilities [water and sewer]

7)  Existing or planned MH parks in the area

While there's appeal in a moratorium proposal, legally, it would be hard
to defend.  What if someone proposed a MH park where it is zoned and
planned for that kind of development?  How could you justify the
moratorium if it would block that development?

Instead, it makes more sense to focus on why this is a bad proposal for
this location [if indeed it is] and what affordable housing alternatives
there are to MH parks.  Considering the location's proximity to the
Village of Chelsea, it seems that an argument could be made for a
neo-traditional development incorporating affordable housing in place of
a MH park [if the current AG zoning is not defensible -- if it is, then
the argument should start there.  Contrary to popular opinion, the
courts have upheld AG zoning versus MH parks by Townships.]

Andrew Mutch
Novi