Re: SG-W:/ Power Plant Economics

In a message dated 8/31/2000 11:55:39 AM EST, amutch@waterford.lib.mi.us
writes:

<< The local school district will only receive tax revenues directly from this
 project if they levy an enhanced millage.  Otherwise, school taxes go to the
big
 pot in Lansing where they are redistributed according to the state aid
formula.
 School taxes can not be waived by a local abatement but the state does have
the
 option of waiving school taxes.  They might get money to pay for building
bonds
 but I'm not 100% sure on that. >>
We certainly are paying for new schools out here, and I imagine this
project--even with its abatements--would contribute to that, ultimately
reducing the expenditure of residents who voted in favor of paying the taxes.