Re: SG-W:/ Power Plant Economics

One correction to something I stated previously, a local industry would normally
pay 18 mills to the local school district.  From what I've read, this 18 mills is
eligible for abatement down to 9 mills.  The 6 mills going to the state can only
be waived by the state.  So, the net benefit to the school district would be on
the increase in taxable value multiplied by anywhere from 9 to 18 mills [that
assumes no abatement].   You would need to know what the taxable value of the
proposed plant would be to determine the actual benefit to the school district.

Normally, only homestead properties pay towards the "enhanced" millage so that
probably wouldn't be an issue either way.

I still don't know if bond millages are exempt or not -- if they are, this could
help pay off debt for building construction, improvements, etc.

Sorry for the confusion -- trying to make heads and tails of property taxes takes
a bit of sleuthing!

Andrew Mutch
Novi,