SG-W:/ Sylvan Twp Mobile Home Park

Title: Sylvan Twp Mobile Home Park

Bruce, that was a great summary of the Mobile Home Park rezoning hearing at the Sylvan Township hall last night.  I'm sorry I didn't see you and have a chance to say hi. The man beside the attorney Mr. Fayhe was Gerry Dresselhouse the Township supervisor. Gerry is not running for reelection in November and I'm running with out party affiliation. The Mobile Home Park Developer promised to pay 4% of the lot rentals to the Township. The PC Chairman (PC=Planning Commission NOT politically correct) claimed that 4% was the highest kickback (sorry I mean payment in lieu of taxes) in the state. That could be as much as $5,600 per month to the Township.

In my comments I brought up the 300 to 600 School age children that this park could add to the Chelsea District and the fact that the Houses ($55k to $100k each) only pay $3 per month in School Support. Police, fire, water, sewer, storm drainage, traffic, etc, etc were all brought up. Those issues were considered part of the preliminary site plan approval process. There is no public hearing on it but we were reminded the Planning Commission meetings our open to the Public. The constant threat in the background was that if you don't like this really cool mobile home park you'll get a REAL 800-unit piece of crap rammed down your throat. Unfortunately that threat is not far from the truth. See Sharon Twp, Lima Twp, Stockbridge or any other example.

If you think this rezoning passed with ease you should have seen the 800 unit mixed single family and multiple family proposal that was passed the month before. I think if you added up all the permits for housing units in and around Chelsea it will double the Village in the next five years.

Dave